2. View artwork titled "Early Sunday " by Edward Hopper. Discuss rural elements.
3. Set up and introduce "Kidblog.org" with students. Have students turn their notes from the reading on Tuesday into a 100 word passage in Kidblog.org.
4. Class discussion over the story, "The Colt." Teacher will ask comprehension questions.
5. Review plot structure elements/model. Review the following terminology with the class:
- exposition (characters, setting)
- rising action
- falling action
6. If time, students and teacher will fill out a plot diagram over the story "The Colt."