2. Discuss answers to the questions over "Miracle Boy orally as a class.
3. Re-examine the vocabulary word: setting. Reiterate that setting is the where and when that a story takes place. Authors sometimes explicitly tell the setting of a story, but more often they are implicit and only give clues.
4. Add the following words to Literary Terms vocabulary section of yellow spirals:
explicit - something that is very clear and precise; information is stated "right there"
implicit - something that is not clear or needs clues in order to be figured out
5. View Powerpoint presentation titled "More Practice with Explicit and Implicit."
6. Teacher orally reads pp. 27-34 of Travels with Charley. Students need to take notes and then respond to the question "Tell me about Charley." Students need to write approximately 100 words on their Response Journal at Classroom.Google.com. Due Friday.
7. Students who have not finished "Miracle Boy" questions from Wednesday may work on them at this time, too.